We’re turkey talking with Chris Wood this week.
How old are you?
Where do you live?
Who makes it possible? (sponsors)
DVS, Darkstar skateboards, Billabong, Oakley, Bones bearings and Cheapskates
Best thing about your hometown?
I love so much about Welly, but one of the first things I look at after an overseas trip is the hills and how really picturesque this place is
Who are your favourite upstarts?
Jack, Ben and Kai
Who are you five favourite legends?
Shane Cross, Heath Kirchart, Morrissey, Julian Barratt, Lux Interior
What are your five favourite video parts?
1. Heath Kirchart – Mind field
2. Heath Kirchart – Sight Unseen
3. Jamie Thomas – Welcome to Hell
4. Arto Saari – Really Sorry
5. Daewon Song – Skate More
Frontside 5-0, Te Aro. Photo: David Read
Top 5 Youtube vids?
1. The first link has possibly the craziest 50-50 I’ve ever seen at 2.46
2. A clip from my favourite TV show
3. If you visit the berrics site then you probably already know about Nick Mullins
4. One of the best styles in skateboarding…
5. Some love him, some hate him, he’s crude, rude and British…awesome!
“Skateboarding is all mind over matter, I don’t mind, you don’t matter” – Skatepit wall back in the day
Best city for skateboarding?
Probably be Melbourne, just because I’ve lived there for nearly 8 years so I know it pretty well
Oh that’s a hard one it changes every week, but for this week it is “Fuck Forever” by the Babyshambles
Volcom private park in Costa Mesa
Favourite Magazine cover?
Shane Cross nosegrind El Toro first try, Transworld Skateboarding February 2005
What are your bad habits?
Smoking…it’s pretty rank
What’s the worst thing about skateboarding in NZ?
The lack of indoor skate parks considering the annual rainfall
What’s the best thing about skateboarding in NZ?
Karori Mini ramp owns
Interview: Jake Mein